The Tasmanian State League Match Review Panel sat today and assessed five incidents.
1. Mitch Rainbird (Glenorchy) reported for striking Lachlan Watt (Tigers)
The Match Review Panel determined that there was insufficient force to warrant a report. No further action will be taken.
2. Lachlan Watt (Tigers) reported for striking Mitch Rainbird (Glenorchy)
The Match Review Panel determined that the strike was intentional, with medium impact to the body. Player Watt has been offered a base sanction of two matches, reduced to a one match ban with an early guilty plea.
Player Watt has ACCEPTED a one-match ban.
3. Heath Thompson (Tigers) referred for striking Ben Kamaric (Glenorchy)
The Match Review Panel determined that the evidence available was not sufficient to sustain a charge. No further action will be taken.
4. Jimmy Aganas (Launceston) referred for engaging in rough conduct against Ryan Bailey (Clarence)
The Match Review Panel determined that the incident referred did not constitute a reportable offence. It was also the view of the panel that a match day free kick should have been the outcome of the incident. No further action will be taken.
5. North Hobart & North Launceston players were referred for engaging in a melee
The Match Review Panel determined that the melee referred did not require any further attention, and no further action will be taken.